Thursday, December 18, 2014

Bangkok: Foodie's Paradise


Asian food has always been a good motivation to eat out.  And among the Asian cuisines, Thai is always a winner.  A few months back, we were lucky to travel and celebrate three important occasions, my niece's birthday, our initial entry and my birthday.  Our last stop of that entire journey was Bangkok, Thailand.

If it weren't for a free accommodations we wouldn't have considered adding this country in our itinerary.  But since its expiring very soon, decided to do it.  Anyway, another reason to explore a new culture is a good excuse to extend a vacation.

I have been to Bangkok many years ago, with the whole family.  Back then, DIY vacation was not really a thing, so we spent most of our time hopping in and out of vans to visit every tourist attractions of the city.  We did a little exploring on areas near the hotel and the ones my parents were familiar with.  But this trip, my husband and I did most of the adventurous on-the-budget tourists do, DIY.

Maybe I should break down my posts into two.  This post will focus mainly on the food and the next one will be on how to go to places, well not all places in Bangkok just the ones in our itinerary.  So food!

Before leaving for Bangkok, I had to do some mega research on where and what to try in the city.  I'm a huge huge fan of Pad Thai despite it being seafood laden and I'm allergic to it.  Good thing though I can order chicken instead of shrimp.  


Pad Thai vendor
Hi!  I have moved my blog here.  See you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment