A few weeks ago, I went to my OBgyne for my usual visit and while waiting for my turn, I tried to look for something on the side tables to busy myself. I found one pamphlet which I think is only possible in the movies. Have you watched the movie The Island? It was lead by cutie pie Ewan Macgregor and sultry Scarlet Johansson where they served as clones whose organs will be harvested if in case their sponsor requires it. Well, this pamphlet offers more or less the same. This is Cryo-Save.
Cryo-Save is a stem cell bank that collects your baby's umbilical cord that can be used for the lifesaving of your family. Below is the excerpt of the pamphlet.
Cord blood banking is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you to collect and save the stem cells from your baby's umbilical cord blood for porential medical uses. Having this invaluable resource can be lifesaving or life-changing for your baby and other family members.
* Cord blood us a rich source of hematopoietic stem cells, which are being used in transplant medicine to treat nearly 80 life-threatening diseases, including a wide range of cancers, genetic diseases, immune system deficineces, and blood disorders.
* Cord blood is being researched today for use in regenerative medicine where stem cells may help induce healing or regenerate cells to repair tissues. This exciting new area of medicine has led to clinical trials and research using cord blood in experimental therapies to treat cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury and juvenile diabetes.
Additionally, having your baby's own genetically unique stem cells offers many advantages if stem cells are ever needed for treatment by you, your child, siblings or other family members:
* Your baby's cord blood is immediately available for your family if needed for treatment, and early treatment can minimize disease progression.
* If ever required for a transplant, using your own family's cord blood instead of an unrelated donor's can have a significant advantages, including fewer complications and improved medical outcomes.
* For experimental regenerative medicine therapies that use cord blood, the child's own stem cells are required.
How about that? Science has really come a long way. There certainly more ways to increase our number of years here on earth. This life banking will cost AED 13,000.00. Does this blog sounds like I'm advertising this bank? It's not, actually. I just wanted to share this new science discovery.
If you want to know more about this whole science thing you can visit their website www. cryo-save.com.