Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mubadala World Tennis 2012

This is somewhat a late post for my 2012 memories.








It was my last hurrah for 2012 before making way for a better 2013.  I ended 2012 with a big "whack" (at least that's how it sound to my ears when a tennis racket hit the ball).  This huge "whack" happened at Zayed Sports City in Abu Dhabi on December 27-29, 2012.  This three-day affair was attended by amazing tennis stars of the world like Novak Djokovic ( *smile*), Janko Tipsarevic (*double smile*), Andy Murray, Tomas Berdych, Tsonga and etc.  Too bad Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal didn't make it.  Nadal made a late withdrawal from the game due to stomache flu.  Hopefully by this year (2013) he'll be back here in Abu Dhabi.






The tickets were sold a month before the tournament.  I didn't buy one.  I wanted to buy the first day as this is the cheapest - I'm stingy.  The first day ticket cost AED 150.00, second day AEd 250 and AED 450 for the last day.  But good to know that even if you don't have tickets to the match you can still watch the game and catch the players for autograph signing located outside the main stadium.  So we ventured the stadium and checked out the venue.  Luckily, when we got there, there was a long queue for Andy Murray we didn't get the chance to have his autograph and picture but we did got a side view picture of him. But we had a picture and autograph of the other players like Janko and Tomas. Goody goody!



The pavilion, if you want to call it, outside the stadium is composed of tents for food vendors and sports equipmnent store where you can buy stuff and have it signed by your favorite player.  There is also an area where kids can do tennis playing practice or lessons.  I'm not really sure didn't go there as its too crowded.  We didn't stay long to watch Novak play, even if I did the puppy eyes to my husband.  We had a previous appointment with the mall so we have to get going.



Hopefully by the end of 2013, i'd finally get the chance to watch the game.  Experiencing the fever and the excitement outside the stadium is my first step.       

No comments:

Post a Comment