I have never stayed long on airports before because I usually well, just go. I don't like lay overs. Plus I'm a non-revenue passenger. We usually don't have that luxury. As much as flying with a high travel class is absolutely amazing, being bumped off in case the flight is full is the complete opposite of amazing. Sigh. Life of a NR passenger. But hey, I'm not complaining!
|grabbed from commons.wikimedia.org|
Back to the booklet. It was all about the airport - Changi Airport for that matter. I just realized that I have missed a lot. While I was killing time, I was just roaming around and thinking of buying some stuff that are small enough to shove inside my backpack while trying to connect to their wifi. I don't know what seems to be the problem because I just can't.
So I just roamed around, while looking for the loo, I found some internet stations. I was able to let me family in Davao and my husband in Abu Dhabi know where I am currently at. I can't stay long there because they don't have seats. It was intended for short term use only. So I went back to listless walking.
I got tired of walking so I looked for some lounge chairs where I could sit and read my book. Unfortunately, where ever I go chairs are occupied. I don't want to go to coffee shops because its too far from my designated gate. I ended up sitting by the departure gate area, where most of the passengers were sitting on the floor. If you can't beat them, join them. To make this post longer (*sheepish grin*) here are what I have discovered from the booklet I got from the airport, which is too late by the way. But for you potential Changi airport bystanders here are some helpful information.
Below are free services at Changi Airports' Transit Areas:
- Avail of the 550 internet stations all around the airport.
- Free WiFi access airport-wide (I can't...I just can't)
- Watch movies at the Movie Theaters in Terminals 2 and 3
- Play and Enjoy Xbox 360, Playstation 3, MTV booths and LAN Gaming at the Entertainment Deck
at Terminal 2
- Watch worldwide news and sports at TV & Entertainment Lounges
- Relax at Foot and Calf Massage Stations
- Stroll at the various themed gardens
- Make art creations at the Art Interactive Zones
- You can do local telephone calls
- Have the kids run around at the Children's Play Area
- If you are staying longer than 5 hours, take the 2-hour Singapore tour. Look for the Singapore
Tour booths in level 2 of Terminals 2 and 3.
The airport's layout will be shown and more information of Changi Airport on my next post. Hope this could give you an introductory activities while killing the time during one of your transit time in Singapore city.