Thursday, January 20, 2011

Exploring Bugis

Being alone in a buzzing country also have its benefits like exploring places on your own, and that in itself is already an adventure.

I rented a room in Tampines.  A modest flat with three rooms in it.  A Malaysian family owns the unit and lets the two rooms.  I rented the other one with a close window.  This is because it is directly facing the buildings walkway.  It's a privacy thing.  Anyway, Tampines is a hour train ride to the central business district.  This station is a residential area so most of the buildings here are apartments and condominiums.  Bugis is almost 30-45 minutes train ride from Tampines.  Both stations are along the same green line so no need to change trains to go there.

Hi! I have moved my blog here.  See you there!

2 comments:

  1. I will recommend this place to anyone I hear who is visiting Singapore and if I do not get back to Singapore one day maybe I will set up a hostel in Western Australia for you to visit me.Cheers!SUSANNE PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIAIt may be relatively new but Bugis is fab for those travelling on their own with clean airy spacious dorms brekkie nice tv area and fantastic staff! I would recomend this place to any bacpacker and will return if in singapore agen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'd like to do that one day... I mean visit your Australia. I heard a lot of fabulous travel stories and I hope I'd get the chance to experience that. :)

    ReplyDelete